Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WS-X6724-GE-TX linecard?

Hi,

Is anyone else asking Cisco to produce a GE-TX version of the WS-X6724-SFP linecard? We have a lot of 6513's and hence can't use the 48 port versions.

It seems like somewhat of an omission given that there is a GE-TX version of the 48 port blade.

thanks,

Andrew.

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: WS-X6724-GE-TX linecard?

Hi Andrew

Presumably you mean you can't use them because slots 9 -> 13 are already in use ?.

My guess is that they will not produce this module simply because the 6724-SFP was only really produced because they couldn't fit 48 SFP ports on a module to start off with.

I suspect you already know this but the best bet for slots 1 to 8 would be the WS-X6548-RJ-45 as it is fabric-enabled, albeit 1 x 8Gps connection and it doesn't have the limitations of the WS-X6548-GE-TX.

Would be interested to hear from anyone at Cisco regarding this.

Jon

Re: WS-X6724-GE-TX linecard?

Hi Jon,

Yes, slots 9-13 are already populated with dual-fabric blades. I'm looking for additional non-blocking connectivity which I currently get with the 6516-GE-TX.

The 6724 does the job but needs SFP's which is a huge additional cost - and given that there is a RJ45 version of the 6748 why is there not a RJ45 version of the 6724?

I could always stock up on 6516's before they go end-of-sale next January but I'm sure others are in a similar position...

Andrew.

Views
Helpful
Replies