Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert Firepower License to FirePower Management Center

sguertler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

I was just wondering, if it is possible to "move" or convert a valid FirePower ASA License (Content Filter for example) to a license, that I can import into the FirePower Management Center?

I'm using an Cisco ASA 5516 -X (FirePower Version 6.2.3-83) and an VM FirePower Management Center (also 6.2.3-83).

I was able to add the device to the Management Center but now the device it says "not licensed".

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can rehost ASA Firepower licenses from local (ASDM) to remote (FMC) management. You would need to do that via the portal at software.cisco.com.

In addition to any term license (URL Filtering or Malware) you also need to rehost the no cost Control & Protect license to FMC. (The IPS is a right-to-use subscription and will be automatically available once you have the Control & Protect license applied.)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can rehost ASA Firepower licenses from local (ASDM) to remote (FMC) management. You would need to do that via the portal at software.cisco.com.

In addition to any term license (URL Filtering or Malware) you also need to rehost the no cost Control & Protect license to FMC. (The IPS is a right-to-use subscription and will be automatically available once you have the Control & Protect license applied.)

Thanks a lot!
That's exactly what I was looking for! I was able to rehost the licenses and activated it in the FirePower Management Center!

Wish you a great day!

Cheers,

Dear friend,
After the rehosting, you added the license on "classic licenses"?

Hi friend,

yeah, classic license

Works fine for devices that still support classic licensing (asa for example).

Cheers,

Sacha

Thanks a lot :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: