cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6.0.1 ready for large scale deployment?

firewalz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 210 we are in the process of migrating to, at the end of the migration we will have 700 or so 2800 IOS firewalls. We are half way through the process and already MARS is having CPU issues, although I think this may be bug related. Is 6.0.1 ready for a large scale deployment and heavy load? Im hoping this may bring the cpu down a little but I do not want to introduce other issues.

Thanks

9 Replies 9

gdix
Level 1
Level 1

In my experience, it has proved best to delay production deployment of a new major version of network device software until the third published minor release (whether it be Cisco or another vendor.) Thus, I am running 4.3.6 for the time being.

sage advice, imho....

I also agree. At a minimum, I would recommend waiting until the next minor release.

Same here, waiting for the next minor release.

Regards

Farrukh

Thanks for the confirmation.

I was just asked this question and told my customer the same thing.

A "5" from NYC for each confirmation.

Keep up the good work!

Paul

firewalz
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the replies. I to make it a habit NOT to be the first to install a new release. But I was secretly hopeing in this case to make an exception, because of a few bugs we are running into in 5.3.6.

there are times when we've also applied upgrades a little more quickly than normal because the version was supposed to address a specific issue. There's nothing wrong with that. In the case of a major version upgrade though, you might be better off with the "devil you know" ;-)

mdreelan
Level 1
Level 1

I did an upgrade this week (via cli and ftp) for A CSMARS-50 with about 20 ISR routers all with AIM-IPS-K9's, and 8 ASA's 5510's, and 5505's, and a CSA-MC 6.0, a CMS 3.2.1 sp1 , and a few 2003 AD servers running snare and have had no issues so far.

I ended up doing a clean install of a MARS50, originally 4.3.6, and still have problems with graphgen shutting down.

I have no support on my MARS 50 so I'm stuck waiting for a possible future upgrade beyond 6.0.1. It's odd that the same ISO install gives different results on the same hardware. MARS in not exactly an "appliance" like a PIX but still...ISO based installations should produce identical installations

/Fredrik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: