Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS-MARS log exporting

Is there any way to export raw logs from CS-MARS or is the Query option (or the syslog relay) the only way to interrogate against any log data that is collected by CS-MARS?

So for instance, I wanted to dump either all (or part based on date/time range) logs to a flat file to parse into a more flexible and easier to use log analysis appliance.. is there an easy way to do this? Thanks in advance!

ray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CS-MARS log exporting

Under the Admin tab click System Maintenance in the second box you will see 'retrieve raw messages'. Click that and tell it what you want

2 REPLIES

Under the Admin tab click System Maintenance in the second box you will see 'retrieve raw messages'. Click that and tell it what you want

I am able to pull out the raw messages for the Cisco IDSM events that are stored on CS-MARS however the text has a lot of junk characters and does not seem to use standard delimeters. Although a lot of the text is readable it is littered with random ASCII characters as delimeters and when deleted/replaced it delets ports of the message data.

Has anyone run into a similar issue? I am running MARS 4.3.2. The IDS blades are running 6.x E3.

Thanks in advance!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content