Views
Helpful
Replies

CSMARS MARS Report Generation in Very SLOW & MARS HDD is 95% utilised

sachin.sg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am archiving the CSMARS Events on BACKUP Server . But still My CSMARS HDD utilisation is 95% and because of this I am not able to generate the reports (its shows me in process , early same report is to generate very quiclky). pls let me know how to free the HDD Data with proper Backup Steps ..... pls guide me

2 Replies 2

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The archiving does not itself 'move' the content to the backup server. Its just 'copied' there. When the MARS hard drive will start filling up it will automatically start over-writing the old data. But just make sure you are not hitting some recent bugs which caused the hard drive to fill up. Go the the CLI/GUI and check the backend log for any excessive messages (related to oracle etc.). If you issue the 'diskusage' and 'pndbstatus' command on the CLI, they will help you gather a better picture.

Reports can run slow for various reasons, as per the 6.x release notes, this has been improved.

I hope you are running the latest version in your major train? 5.3.6 etc.

Regards

Farrukh

Hi

Thanks for response , I have MARS 4.3.6 is some bugs there in this version

Regrds

Sachin R G

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: