Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Controller group usage

dsmc
Level 1
Level 1

We have GC Gen1 and multiply LCs Gen 1.

I have a question about usage of groups and drop rules. I would like to use Global groups and add device/networks to these global groups and then use those groups in drop rules on the LC controllers. Problem is when I view the Global group on an LC it only shows the Device/networks local to that box. With that said the rule does not consider the other device/networks that are part of the global group. Is there a way that is can work? Why I would want to do this, well for example lets take some internal subnets that generate certain type of traffic to inside subnets at different locations. It is easier to add all inside subnets to the Global group and then write drop rule on LCs using the global group as the scr and dst.

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Try this :

Modify the rule with a dummy action, click activate, wait for a couple of minutes, remove the dummy action and again click activate to cause the GC to synchronize the rule to the LC.

You can't make drop rules on the Global controller.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: