Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create a group of devices in MARS

zheka_pefti
Level 2
Level 2

Hi folks.

I have quite a list of devices which MARS pulls syslog from and the client's security policy requires to run periodic queries against those devices (they are 871 routers). Is there any way to create a group of devices and add it to the "Reporting devices" instead of manually checking every router.

Eugene

2 Replies 2

zheka_pefti
Level 2
Level 2

Anyone could suggest something???

I'll try to be more detailed. There's a custom rule which is created to run a query for a specific event type. The query is run against many devices and the list of devices added to MARS earlier is quite big. So when you configure the rule at "Reporting Devices" section there is a limited list of devices (see attachment). I wish I can have a custom device type which will include all devices in question.

Plus, why there's no "Select All" button for the right pane. This would be quite logical once you have a list devices showing in your right hand pane. Instead of going through all of them and click each one clicking "Select All" would be nice.

Sorry, forgot to attach file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: