Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

License For Mars 55 Question??

Hi every one.i have some question about mars license:

1-do we have get a license and install on mars to get it operational?

2-if we dont have license can we download ips signature updates with cco account and then install it on mars?

3-if we dont install signature updates then if an attack happend on idsm-2 and idsm-2 detect that and send alert to mars then can mars display any information about thst attack suppose that mars doesnt have that attack update?

thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: License For Mars 55 Question??

1) MARS won't let you get into the GUI unless you have a valid license AFAIR. You might be able to get a evaluation VMWARE image from your Cisco account team tough...But you will always have this if you buy from Cisco.

2) See 1...

3) Software updates have signature updates coupled with them. So if by chance the signature that is fired is already present in MARS, it will generate an incident (or atleast know how to parse it). If its not, it will be considered an unknown event.

Regards

Farrukh

Re: License For Mars 55 Question??

Dear Happs

about this Marse License that you mentioned bedor that "1) MARS won't let you get into the GUI unless you have a valid license AFAIR." is this license bind with my appliance MAC address for serial number or something like that to prevent me using this license on other Marse.i asked this Question because i want to prove my customer that if i get license for him i cant use that license for another device.thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies