cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS 6.x Authentication and RSA SecurID Tokens

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

I know that MARS can now be used with Cisco TACACS to authenticate end users to the MARS box. Can MARS also be used with RSA SecurID tokens?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

krir
Level 4
Level 4

There is no option to integrate the MARS for RSA SecureID authentication directly. But I belive you can do it thru AAA server

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

We have CiscoSecure ACS integrated with RSA Authentication Manager. We use the ACS's RADIUS server for MARS. But RSA has a RADIUS server component that I believe you can use directly to authenticate MARS users.

Hope this help.

Andrea.

You are correct Andrea. I have set it up both ways and they both work. If you redirect MARS to Cisco ACS then you can proxy auth to just about anything ACS supports (e.g. Tokens, Active Directory, etc).

Tony Maupin

Officially, MARS has been tested with ACS, ISA, and Steel Belted RADIUS.

MARS doesn't care what is on the back end for authentication so if it's a supported authentication system for the back end on ACS, ISA, or Steel Belted then you are good to go. Token Servers, LDAP, AD, and more can be supported this way.

Outside of those three, your mileage may vary.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: