cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS and Qualys vulnerability scanning integration

genewolfe
Level 1
Level 1

What does adding Qualys vulnerability scan data to MARS allow MARS, help MARS to do?

Does it help MARS identify an alert as a false positive in the context of a host which Qualys says isn't vulnerable OR does it do something else like when the Qualys data is retrieved simply listing each vulnerability as an incident?

3 Replies 3

eegilbert
Level 1
Level 1

My understanding was the Qualys would inform MARS if a system was really vulnerable or not based on it's (the qualys box) information of the situation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cs-mars/6.0/device/configuration/guide/cfgVulAs.html

Erric

I just made the configuration to day, it seems to work corectly, but I am wondering something. Does anyone has really estimated the real benefits of using qualysquard with Csmars ?

I haven't been able to set this up yet. If MARS is able to mark alerts which don't apply to a device as false positives or something like that it could be valuable because it would save the staff time hunting down false positives.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: