cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS Capacity problem

davidcruise
Level 1
Level 1

i have MARS 200 installed in a site ,added many reporting devices to it.

the problem is when i issued the command:

[pnadmin]$ pndbusage

Current partition started on Sun Jul 19 09:08:10 EEST 2009 and uses 58.9% of its available capacity.

Switching to next partition is estimated for Sun Aug 2 15:19:42 EEST 2009.

1.67e+08 events, received between Thu Feb 5 01:14:23 EET 2009 and Mon Feb 16 08:40:41 EET 2009 will be purged.

according to this output , what is the actual capacity of the whole box , i mean after how many days , the oldest data will be overritten , & if there is any means to extends its cpacity

2 Replies 2

bj2001holt
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like your MARS box is storing about 6 months worth of data on the box itself. If you need to store data longer you can configure an archive location, which will also give you configuration backups. The process of pulling logs from an archive is a bit tricky and can involve using a second box, there is information on it in the setup guide.

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cannot know this information from the MARS commands (as in when the box will reach full capaciity). The output you have posted mentions when the 'current' partition will fill up. The 'diskusage' command can give you the overall usage (for all partitions). The 'u02' is the partition stroring the events 'data' AFAIK.

There is no way to extend the capacity of MARS, you can just archive the data to a NFS server or use a stronger appliance (or multiple appliances).

The following is more detail about the partitions as mentioned in the user guide:

"Displays amount of disk space available on all partitions in the MARS Appliance

For all MARS Appliance models, the Oracle database has three partitions:

•/u01: Stores the Oracle binary files.

•/u02: Stores the data files.

•/u03: Stores the replay log files, which are cached, in-memory working files not yet committed to the data store.

If any of these partitions reaches 99% capacity, the Oracle database will experience operational issues.

The size of the data partition (/u02) varies based on the model: "

Regards

Farrukh