Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS don't collect logs from devices

itrebaljevac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One week ago due to HW failure we changed a chassis of MARS device at one customer location. However, we hold RAIDs and memory due to saved logs, configuration and data. After we purchase a new Licence File and successfully uploaded on the new MARS device, MARS don't collect logs from any device in the network. We tried to delete and add some switches but nothing had happened.

Any ideas?

Thx, Ivan.

4 Replies 4

itrebaljevac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all,

Still need some help. After some troubleshooting, I found that some services are not running on the MARS (especially pnparser). I tried with pnstart and with pnstart and than reboot, after which all stopped services become running except pnparser service.

The log from the MARS shows following:

Aug 12 14:57:26.413 2010@...@LM_WARNING@./superV|Thread 52886448:Process 'pnparser' is not active, trying restart...
Aug 12 14:57:29.399 2010@...@LM_INFO@
./superV|Thread 52886448:Executed command './pnparser 1506 &' returned 0

Any suggestion?

Thx, Ivan.

Can you post the output of following commands from the CLI:

model

version

pnstatus
sysstatus
raidstatus

Sid Chandrachud

TAC Security Solutions

Hi Sid,

Thank You for Your answer.

You can find the output of the commands You specified in the attachmet of this post.

I noticed that pnstatus command constantly change the display of the services that are run or stopped (pnparser is always stopped).

Sincerely, Ivan.

Hi Ivan,

If  'pnstop' and then 'pnstart' does not bring the services back up, please go ahead and open a TAC case for closer investigation.

This is a Mars 110r running a pretty new code 6.0.7. TAC will have to go through the Mars logs to investigate the root cause.

Sid Chandrachud

TAC Security Solutions

Customer Support Engineer