Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS - SSH2 - User account

learnsec
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

can i logon to cs-mars console screen, or shh2 connection, with a username other then "pnadmin"?

i have created a username administrator with a "admin" privilege but i am not able to log on to mars console with it!

so how may i create a usrename or give a current username to have access to mars console.

also i noted, when i modified pnadmin password on the web access level, the new password did not affect the pnadmin of console access!

is there two users pnadmin on the same appliance? one for console and other one for web access?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have been unable to recreate this in the lab with release 6.0.4 (3229) 32.  Is this a LC managed by a GC?

If possible, could you reboot the CS-MARS and see if that corrects the issue?  If not, it may be best to open a service request with TAC so this issue can be effectively investigated.

Scott

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fringer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only account allowed access to the CS-MARS CLI via SSH is the 'pnadmin' account; there is no ability to grant access to other administrative level users.

The password assigned via the GUI should affect both the GUI access as well as the CLI access.

Scott

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your reply about the username "pnadmin".

Concerning the password, currently the password of the "pnadmin web interface" is totaly different from the password of "pnadmin of the CLI".

modifying the password affect only the web interface pnadmin user.

i am not able to understand the reason, and if it is an error or not? and how to solve this issue.

I have checked in the lab and verified that changing the pnadmin user password in the GUI does change the CLI password for the pnadmin user.  If this is not working for you, it may be a bug.  Could you let me know the full version of CS-MARS you have running?

Scott

Hello Scott

The CS-Mars Version is:
6.0.4 (3229) 32

Thank you

I have been unable to recreate this in the lab with release 6.0.4 (3229) 32.  Is this a LC managed by a GC?

If possible, could you reboot the CS-MARS and see if that corrects the issue?  If not, it may be best to open a service request with TAC so this issue can be effectively investigated.

Scott

Hello scott,

i do have only one cs-mars running in my setup. so i don't think here we can talk about LC nor GC.

i rebooted the appliance 2 times but the same issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: