cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS with Access points

virajmendis
Level 1
Level 1

can I use MARS to discover and gather information from autonomous access points. ie: with out wireless LAN controllers

5 Replies 5

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No I don't think autonomous APs are supported in MARS. There is a product known as WLSE/WLSE Express by Cisco that can help you manage Radio/IDS/Rogue APs on Aut. APs.

Regards

Farrukh

That is correct. WLCs are supported. Standalone/autonomous APs are not.

Knowing that this is not the rite forum to ask, but i just got an information from our local Cisco support team that one of their guys successfully removed the Autonomous IOS from 1235 and placed in the LW IOS of 1242, and that 1235 is integerable with the WLC. I'm not really sure (honestly i really don't believe that), but doesn't Cisco thing on that as well? I mean with 250+ count of Autonomous APs in my network, i am not able to either trade them off, nor i can monitor them without WLSE which is an absolete box, should'nt the customer be priveledged .. Just thinking out loudly :L)

Hello,

Aironet APs run IOS 12.3. why cannot just add them as an IOS device?

Steffen

You can however keep in mind that any events unique to wireless infrastructure will not be parsed by the MARS. All events will be classified as generic IOS. You could build a custom parser or just custom rules to match on specific events (like failed wireless auths, etc).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: