cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow and more?

mattwilsonuk
Level 1
Level 1

Currenlty have Ciscoworks LMS 2.6, ASA 5510/05, Checkpoint Firewalls, 4*6500 approx 300 3750's.

Recenlty trialled ManageEngine Netflow, proved to be a life saver so money now available.

Im looking to "sell" MARS to my boss instead of ManageEngine Netflow tho I cant find any good demo's - simulators that help me sell it. Any ideas?

Does this provided utilisation graphs etc as well as provide a centralised security location?

3 Replies 3

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The overlap between the Manage Engine Netflow analyzer and Cisco MARS is really very less. MARS is a SEM/SIM/STM product and offers some rules to detect traffic anomalies (based on Netflow/firewlal logs etc.). If you work for a Cisco reseller, your best bet would be to get a NFR VMWARE image and show it to your boss. This link is pretty old, but might help:

http://www.novell.com/products/sentinel/novell2074.pdf

Regards

Farrukh

patwill66_2
Level 1
Level 1

MARS doesnt even compare to MangeEngine Netflow Analyzer. I have both products and you cannot do a fraction of the things in MARS that you can do in Netflow Analyzer. Like mentioned above, MARS is a SIEM product, not a true netflow product. Plus, Netflow Analyzer is very cheap compared to the cost of MARS. In my opinion, its like comparing apples to oranges.

Thanks... thats what i was lookingg for having never used mars...:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: