Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Netflow and more?

Currenlty have Ciscoworks LMS 2.6, ASA 5510/05, Checkpoint Firewalls, 4*6500 approx 300 3750's.

Recenlty trialled ManageEngine Netflow, proved to be a life saver so money now available.

Im looking to "sell" MARS to my boss instead of ManageEngine Netflow tho I cant find any good demo's - simulators that help me sell it. Any ideas?

Does this provided utilisation graphs etc as well as provide a centralised security location?

3 REPLIES

Re: Netflow and more?

The overlap between the Manage Engine Netflow analyzer and Cisco MARS is really very less. MARS is a SEM/SIM/STM product and offers some rules to detect traffic anomalies (based on Netflow/firewlal logs etc.). If you work for a Cisco reseller, your best bet would be to get a NFR VMWARE image and show it to your boss. This link is pretty old, but might help:

http://www.novell.com/products/sentinel/novell2074.pdf

Regards

Farrukh

MARS doesnt even compare to MangeEngine Netflow Analyzer. I have both products and you cannot do a fraction of the things in MARS that you can do in Netflow Analyzer. Like mentioned above, MARS is a SIEM product, not a true netflow product. Plus, Netflow Analyzer is very cheap compared to the cost of MARS. In my opinion, its like comparing apples to oranges.

Thanks... thats what i was lookingg for having never used mars...:)

Views
Helpful
Replies