cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Oracle database support

jeff_groesbeck
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I just wanted to post some information related to some things I have been attempting to make work in MARS related to Oracle database logging. Currently, MARS will only support one database instance of an Oracle database per 'reporting IP' on a server. If you have one physical server and multiple database instances, you cannot support logging from all of them into MARS. I have tried a few different ways to make this work, but I have been unsuccessful so far. I attempted to created the host OS separately and then create multiple 'generic' hosts with the Oracle database 'sw app' applied, but I can still only get one instance to report correctly.

I just wanted to post this so no one else wastes several days trying to get this to work. I have a few TAC cases open related to this and SQL server. The response from Cisco is that they know about this limitation for Oracle and that there is a feature request for this and they are adding my TAC case to it.

Thanks,

Jeff

4 Replies 4

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the post! Please keep us in the loop if you hear more about when we might see this feature request.

Best,

Paul

cory.michal
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea if Cisco has resloved this issue in Mars v 6.0? We are looking to accomplish the same thing.

dragnia_s
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How can you can establish what instance to monitor if there are multiple instances. I am not verry familiar with oracle databases.

Thanks,

Stelian

I'm not an Oracle guru so perhaps I'm using the term instance incorrectly. In the situation I'm describing they run differen't Oracle database on the same server but on differn't ports. MARS seems to only allow one Oracle database entry per host. I want to add multiple Oracle database entries (on differn't ports) per host.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: