Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Support for Nexus syslogs

I am about to turn up some new Nexus switches, and am curious if anyone else has tried using MARS to discover and collect syslogs from NX-OS. If you've tried it, what was your experience? Are the Nexus syslogs close enough to IOS syslogs to at least let MARS understand most?

If it's a no-go, is there planned support for NX-OS in an upcoming MARS release?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Support for Nexus syslogs

At this moment, NEXUS is not supported by MARS.

I note Nexus syslogs are still not supported in CS-MARS v6.1.x Revised: January 27, 2011

With CS-MARS product now end of sale June 2011,  should I hold out any hope of a fix before end of Software Maint in June 2012 ?

Cisco Employee

I work in the TAC security team. I had filed a feature enhancement defect: CSCtj26300 to add support for Nexus switches on Mars. http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtj26300 MARS being EOL, its unlikely, the support will be added anytime soon. I am just trying to set realistic expectations.  - Sid

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content