cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960X autoQOS

steve.john1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm troubleshooting voice issues for a customer.  Can someone tell me if the service-input policy and the "mls qos trust" are repetitive.  meaning, if I'm already trusting DSCP in the service-policy, do I need the mls qos trust dscp command?  Is the fact that it's there in addition to the service-policy causing me issues?  sniffer traces seem to indicate that DSCP isn't being trusted.

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1
 switchport access vlan 16
 switchport mode access
 switchport nonegotiate
 switchport voice vlan 228
 srr-queue bandwidth share 1 30 35 5
 priority-queue out
 mls qos trust dscp
 auto qos trust dscp
 spanning-tree portfast
 spanning-tree bpduguard enable
 service-policy input AUTOQOS-SRND4-CISCOPHONE-POLICY

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

First of all if your packets are not well tagged this isn't because you have mls qos trust and a service-policy. 

Those 2 command are exclusive and the last one applied on the interface take precedence. I'll found the Cisco documentation if you want that says that. 

Can you please paste the config of your policy-map -and class-map (included acls if there are)?

Can you share your Wireshark trace to see if the traffic is tagged 1-way or not tagged at all for either inbound and outbound traffic ?

Thanks 

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question