Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

About IPSLA_video on ISRG2

I configured ip sla video probes on 2951 to send probes to 3945, but it seems that i meet some problems, can anyone help me?

1.Device version information:

nmtgs2951a#sh ver

Cisco IOS Software, C2951 Software (C2951-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.2(2)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)      

nmtgs3945a#sh ver

Cisco IOS Software, C3900e Software (C3900e-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.3(3)M1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

2.configuration info:

nmtgs2951a#sh run | sec ip sla

ip sla responder

ip sla 1

video 10.75.169.18 3001 source-ip 10.75.169.17 source-port 4001 profile CTS-1080P-Best

owner ppm

tag Telnetpollserver1

frequency 60

history statistics-distribution-interval 10

history enhanced interval 900 buckets 100

ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now

ip sla reaction-configuration 1 react jitterSDAvg threshold-value 5000 3000 threshold-type immediate action-type trapAndTrigger

ip sla logging traps

nmtgs2951a#

2951 is sender and 3945 is responder

3.Troubleshooting:

Debug ip sla error:

nmtgs2951a#debug ip sla error

nmtgs2951a#terminal monitor

nmtgs2951a#

Dec  5 08:06:48.132: IPSLA-OPER_ERROR: OPER: 1 Failure SLA_VIDEO_STATUS_DSP_ERROR_TEMP

nmtgs2951a#sh ip sla statistics

IPSLAs Latest Operation Statistics

IPSLA operation id: 1

Type of operation: video

Latest operation start time: 06:34:54 UTC Mon Dec 2 2013

Latest operation return code: Video failed

Packets:

Sender Transmitted:  0

Responder Received:  0

Number of Received Bytes:  0

Average Received Bit Rate:  0

Latency one-way time:

Number of Latency one-way Samples: 0

Source to Destination Latency one way Min/Avg/Max: 0/0/0 milliseconds

NTP sync state: Unknown

Inter Packet Delay Variation, RFC 5481 (IPDV):

Number of SD IPDV Samples: 0

Source to Destination IPDV Min/Avg/Max: 0/0/0 milliseconds

Packet Loss Values:

Packet MIA: 0

Loss Source to Destination: 0

Out Of Sequence: 0         Tail Drop: 0

Duplicate Sequence Number Count:  0

Number of successes: 0

Number of failures: 65

Operation time to live: Forever

Can anyone help me with this?

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Linwei,

Be sure your ISR's have enough PVDM-DSP's allocated for IPSLA-VO use.

The CTS-1080P-Best video profile runs at 4MB/s and needs at least 1 - PVDM3-16 DSP card

to run up to 4 - CTS-1080P-Best sessions (60-credits per session).

Thanks for Michael's answer! It helps a lot!

BTW, i have some other questions, which need your help!

#1.how can i find more info about PVDM-DSP used for ISRG2 devices, or how can I find these limitations to catalyst 3k,4k or ISRG2?

#2.after i search in the CCO&medianet website, I find we need to support ASR1k and some other device described in medianet roadmap ppt. But I check the medianet data sheet and find 3k,4k and ISRG2 devices support this feature. Do you know which types of devices support this feature as a sender now?

Becasue we need add some device support in our NMS product.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help!

Cisco Employee

Hi Linwei,

Answers to your questions;

#1)  Use this Doc as a guide for DSP allocation: 

Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor Module (PVDM3) Provisioning for IPSLA Video Operation (VO) in Cisco 2900/3900 Series Routers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6555/ps6602/whitepaper_C11-718333.html

Also look at this Doc for deploying IPSLA-VO across platforms:

http://www.cisco.com/web/solutions/medianet/docs/IP_SLA_Video_Operation_Across_Platforms.pdf

#2)  Medianet Datasheet shows the ASR-1K supporting Media-Monitoring on IOS-XE 3.5 and higher.  Performance monitoring & Mediatrace, however IPSLA-VO is not currently supported.  I would need to check with engineering if there are any plan to support IPSLA-VO on the ASR-1K.  It does not seem to be in the roadmap I have, but these roadmaps change all the time.  The 3945E ISR-G2 can Send up to 175 CTS-1080P-Best video sessions with a 20% CPU mainly because the DSP offload the CPU.  However the Responder can only receive 80 of these video sessions with a 72% CPU utilization.   Your Application could use Multiple ISR's to achieve higher density.  Our Cisco Prime Collaboration (CPC) NMS provides a GUI interface to control the ISR's & Switches to setup tests within your network.  CPC does a lot more with Medianet including; MSI, Mediatrace, Perf-Mon, Metadata.  A very powerful video collaboration Mgt system.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10536/data_sheet_c78-612429.html

ASR-1K Datasheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps9343/data_sheet_c78-447652.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content