cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About IPSLA_video on ISRG2

linwwu
Level 1
Level 1

I configured ip sla video probes on 2951 to send probes to 3945, but it seems that i meet some problems, can anyone help me?

1.Device version information:

nmtgs2951a#sh ver

Cisco IOS Software, C2951 Software (C2951-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.2(2)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)      

nmtgs3945a#sh ver

Cisco IOS Software, C3900e Software (C3900e-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.3(3)M1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

2.configuration info:

nmtgs2951a#sh run | sec ip sla

ip sla responder

ip sla 1

video 10.75.169.18 3001 source-ip 10.75.169.17 source-port 4001 profile CTS-1080P-Best

owner ppm

tag Telnetpollserver1

frequency 60

history statistics-distribution-interval 10

history enhanced interval 900 buckets 100

ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now

ip sla reaction-configuration 1 react jitterSDAvg threshold-value 5000 3000 threshold-type immediate action-type trapAndTrigger

ip sla logging traps

nmtgs2951a#

2951 is sender and 3945 is responder

3.Troubleshooting:

Debug ip sla error:

nmtgs2951a#debug ip sla error

nmtgs2951a#terminal monitor

nmtgs2951a#

Dec  5 08:06:48.132: IPSLA-OPER_ERROR: OPER: 1 Failure SLA_VIDEO_STATUS_DSP_ERROR_TEMP

nmtgs2951a#sh ip sla statistics

IPSLAs Latest Operation Statistics

IPSLA operation id: 1

Type of operation: video

Latest operation start time: 06:34:54 UTC Mon Dec 2 2013

Latest operation return code: Video failed

Packets:

Sender Transmitted:  0

Responder Received:  0

Number of Received Bytes:  0

Average Received Bit Rate:  0

Latency one-way time:

Number of Latency one-way Samples: 0

Source to Destination Latency one way Min/Avg/Max: 0/0/0 milliseconds

NTP sync state: Unknown

Inter Packet Delay Variation, RFC 5481 (IPDV):

Number of SD IPDV Samples: 0

Source to Destination IPDV Min/Avg/Max: 0/0/0 milliseconds

Packet Loss Values:

Packet MIA: 0

Loss Source to Destination: 0

Out Of Sequence: 0         Tail Drop: 0

Duplicate Sequence Number Count:  0

Number of successes: 0

Number of failures: 65

Operation time to live: Forever

Can anyone help me with this?

3 Replies 3

Michael O'Brien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Linwei,

Be sure your ISR's have enough PVDM-DSP's allocated for IPSLA-VO use.

The CTS-1080P-Best video profile runs at 4MB/s and needs at least 1 - PVDM3-16 DSP card

to run up to 4 - CTS-1080P-Best sessions (60-credits per session).

Thanks for Michael's answer! It helps a lot!

BTW, i have some other questions, which need your help!

#1.how can i find more info about PVDM-DSP used for ISRG2 devices, or how can I find these limitations to catalyst 3k,4k or ISRG2?

#2.after i search in the CCO&medianet website, I find we need to support ASR1k and some other device described in medianet roadmap ppt. But I check the medianet data sheet and find 3k,4k and ISRG2 devices support this feature. Do you know which types of devices support this feature as a sender now?

Becasue we need add some device support in our NMS product.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help!

Hi Linwei,

Answers to your questions;

#1)  Use this Doc as a guide for DSP allocation: 

Packet Voice Digital Signal Processor Module (PVDM3) Provisioning for IPSLA Video Operation (VO) in Cisco 2900/3900 Series Routers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6555/ps6602/whitepaper_C11-718333.html

Also look at this Doc for deploying IPSLA-VO across platforms:

http://www.cisco.com/web/solutions/medianet/docs/IP_SLA_Video_Operation_Across_Platforms.pdf

#2)  Medianet Datasheet shows the ASR-1K supporting Media-Monitoring on IOS-XE 3.5 and higher.  Performance monitoring & Mediatrace, however IPSLA-VO is not currently supported.  I would need to check with engineering if there are any plan to support IPSLA-VO on the ASR-1K.  It does not seem to be in the roadmap I have, but these roadmaps change all the time.  The 3945E ISR-G2 can Send up to 175 CTS-1080P-Best video sessions with a 20% CPU mainly because the DSP offload the CPU.  However the Responder can only receive 80 of these video sessions with a 72% CPU utilization.   Your Application could use Multiple ISR's to achieve higher density.  Our Cisco Prime Collaboration (CPC) NMS provides a GUI interface to control the ISR's & Switches to setup tests within your network.  CPC does a lot more with Medianet including; MSI, Mediatrace, Perf-Mon, Metadata.  A very powerful video collaboration Mgt system.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10536/data_sheet_c78-612429.html

ASR-1K Datasheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps9343/data_sheet_c78-447652.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: