cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Call Flow

fayiz husain
Level 1
Level 1

What are the things that will happen when IP phoneA calls IP phoneB?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ciscoamit_497
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear,

this is very simple, let me explain it step by step::

1> when you hook-off the phone A ..skinny sense a off-hook signal and send that signal to call manager..

2> Then call manger checks the Phone A directory number and if found then ask it to dial the number.

3> Phone A dials the Phone B number.

4> Call Manger then checks that number in its database, and it available then it send the ring signal to that phone B.

5> Now Phone B had a ring from phone A.

6> Phone B will pick up the call and then Call manger took off the control and placed the call successfully...then aft6er that call manger didn't play any role after successful call placing..RTP comes into the picture and starts reliable delivery of packets between both phone communication.

This is the calling procedure if you are using a call manager.

Please let me know if you any other doubt on this.

Hope this would be informative to you.....enjoy posting here.

**********And Please dont forget to rate the right answer if helpful.********

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ciscoamit_497
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear,

this is very simple, let me explain it step by step::

1> when you hook-off the phone A ..skinny sense a off-hook signal and send that signal to call manager..

2> Then call manger checks the Phone A directory number and if found then ask it to dial the number.

3> Phone A dials the Phone B number.

4> Call Manger then checks that number in its database, and it available then it send the ring signal to that phone B.

5> Now Phone B had a ring from phone A.

6> Phone B will pick up the call and then Call manger took off the control and placed the call successfully...then aft6er that call manger didn't play any role after successful call placing..RTP comes into the picture and starts reliable delivery of packets between both phone communication.

This is the calling procedure if you are using a call manager.

Please let me know if you any other doubt on this.

Hope this would be informative to you.....enjoy posting here.

**********And Please dont forget to rate the right answer if helpful.********

Regards,

Amit