Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3560 Rate-limiting Metro Ethernet

We provide Layer 2 connectivity for p2p and p2mp customers. We use 375012S, and 3400Me for our Aggregation switches and 3650G's for CPE's/edge switches. On the Agg switches we can have several different customers hanging off. My question is: I need a thighter way of rate-limiting egress/ingress traffic rather than the srr-queue percentage commands. Is there a better configuration option either Hardware or software?

FYI: Each customer is setup with their own VLAN. Mgmt Vlan is the only one with L3 address. Any advice/information is greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: 3560 Rate-limiting Metro Ethernet

Switch(config)# access-list 1 permit 192.5.255.0 0.0.0.255,Following is the configuration of the class map

Switch(config)# class-map class1,Switch(config-cmap)# match access-group 1 (this is the access list number)

Switch(config-cmap)# end,Switch#

Following is the configuration of the policy map

Switch(config)# policy-map flow1t,Switch(config-pmap)# class class1

Switch(config-pmap-c)# police 3000000 8000 exceed-action drop,Switch(config-pmap-c)# exit

Switch(config-pmap)# exit,Switch(config)# interface gigabitethernet2/0/1

Switch(config-if)# service-policy input flow1t.

This is an example configuration rate limiting on the gigabitethernet2/0/1 to 3 Meg for example and will drop the traffic exceeding this limit. The figure 8000 determines the burst size.

Views
Helpful
Replies