Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

circuit turn up - provider sees link as up,up - our side is down,down

We have a ME3400E installed - we are trying to connect to an ISP to provide internet access for a customer - when the fiber crossconnect was installed - the provider sees the circuit as up,up on their end, we see it as down, down.  We had a physical loop installed at our equipment facing the provider and they saw the loop - and if I do a shut on the interface, they see it go down & then back up when I do a no shut.  We are using a 1000Base -LX/LH SFP.  On the provider side they have a media converter to change from 100MB Ethernet to single mode fiber. We have checked the light levels - we are transmitting @ -4.66 and receiving @ -14.56 - both are within specs.  When we had them put a loop towards us - instead of seeing up,up(looped) there was something else in the parenthesis (err-disable) or something like that - I know it started with err-.

Thanks,

Julie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

circuit turn up - provider sees link as up,up - our side is down

We are using a 1000Base -LX/LH SFP.  On the provider side they have a media converter to change from 100MB Ethernet to single mode fiber.

Your provider is 100BaseFx and you have a 1000BaseLX.  So you need GLC-FE-100LX.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

We are using a 1000Base -LX/LH SFP.  On the provider side they have a media converter to change from 100MB Ethernet to single mode fiber.

Your provider is 100BaseFx and you have a 1000BaseLX.  So you need GLC-FE-100LX.

Thanks - you were a lot quicker than the Cisco Support person we were working with.  It was actually the tech from the company that hosts our equipment that said that was probably the issue - we've been troubleshooting this for a few days now. The Cisco tech did ask to see if they could change to a GB port, but he didn't say we could use a different SFP module.  We are new to this . . . and obviously have a lot to learn!

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Thanks for the ratings Julie.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content