Cisco 3750 Switch SFP Module

mahesh-gohil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have one 3750 switch( ME-C3750-24TE )with IOS 12.2(25)EY4,

Now I have two SFp Module GLC-SX-MM and i have inserted in four ports of Switch

But nowhere I found it detected via "Sh inventory"

Moreover I have also tried with loop cable (LCPC-FCPC-ATTENTUATOR-FCPC-LCPC)bUT NOT GETTING lED ON ANY PORT

Pl. Guide

I am attaching sh-tech for reference

2 Replies 2

d-mark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

when inserted the SFP module in one port take a look at the output of "show interface gigabitethernetX/Y" watch for a line (I think it is line 5) including the word "media", there should be a short description of the SFP. Also look at the first line of "show interface gigabitethernetX/Y" it could be that the SFP doesn't work in the switch (maybe because it is a none cisco one) then there would be something like "err-disabled". And if you have logging enabled on the switch (e.g. logging buffered 8192 debugging) then there should be an error message also.

The command "show idprom interface gigabitethernetX/Y" shows information about the SFP module in slotX/Y.

Depending on the "err-disable" configuration of the switch ("show err-disable detect" and "show err-disable recovery") a looped interface maybe put in an 'err-disabled' state, see "show interface ..." or "show logging"

HTH

regards

Mark

charlestran
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using non-Cisco SFP or GBIC modules it would not shown properly in your show inventory.