Views
Helpful
Replies

CWDM Solution?

Thanawee Buntho
Level 1
Level 1

I am creating cwdm diagram describes below;

Cat6500(HQ) --> CWDM-MUX8 --> OADM-4-1 --> Cat3560E-Site1 (CWDM-SFP) --> Cat3560E-SiteN (CWDM-SFP) --> CWDM-MUX8 (HQ)

I want to connect using only one single fiber link in ring topology (physical ring & logical star).

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

Why are you bringing in 2 nos of 3560 switches in between your CWDM equipments ?

Cant you have one more OADM at the remote end so that both your OADM boxes talk to each other or connected with single fiber directly without any 3560 switches.

regds

Thank you spremkumar for your answer.

I'm not clearly understand about CWDM Solution.

Is it need to use OADM in every node for Branch-to-Branch connection ?

I use Cisco Cat 3560E as Core Switch in Branch.

How to connect 3560E core switch to CWDM Network?

Thanks

hi

can you make a better diagram and post it here with proper inputs like what you are trying to achieve (like whether you are gonna setup a new network CWDM boxes or insert CWDM devices in between).

regds

Yongbing WU
Level 1
Level 1

With proper regeneration, you should be able to achieve your goal. I think without regeneration, you should be able to chain a few OADM1-xxxx together with MUX8A. Such as Cat6500|MUA8A -> 3560E|OADM1-1490 -> 3560E|OADM1-1510 -> 3560E|OADM1-1530. I am not sure how many you can add in a chain without regeneration. In short distance, you might be able to put all together without regeneration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: