Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dot1q tunnel VPLS support

Hello Guys,

I am configuring a dot1q tunnel VPLS since it suited our need for the client's requirements. To my surprise the 48 port tx we are using on our 7600 doesn't support this

7609-PPE1(config-if)#switchport mode dot1q-tunnel

Command rejected: Gi2/4 doesn't support 802.1q tunneling.

IOS is s72033-pk9sv-mz.122-18.SXD5.bin

Hardware is 48 SFM-capable 48 port 10/100/1000mb RJ45 WS-X6548-GE-TX

For me to establish a good VPLS in dot1q (dot1q in dot1q) multipoint connection, what hardware with port density is available for this one?

I didn't have any problem with OSM modules, but we have to be practical with the port density.

Your insights will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Dot1q tunnel VPLS support

For vpls to work the core facing should be a osm module.Configure IP routing in the core so that the PE routers can reach each other via IP. Configure MPLS in the core so that a label switched path (LSP) exists between the PE routers.For more info refer

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801e5c06.html#wp1338115.

Re: Dot1q tunnel VPLS support

I see, what I am concerned with our implementation right now is it has become too expensive if we're going to use either the 8 port gbic osm or the sup port. i guess we need the 48 port 10/100/1000tx that supports jumbo frames for the dot1q-tunnel

Views
Helpful
Replies