Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EoMPLS with Catalyst 3750 Metro Switches

Hi,

I am trying to setup an EoMPLS tunnel (VLAN mode) between two 3750 Metro switches. But I am getting the "Status Down" from the both PEs.Also the 'show mpls l2transport binding' shows no output interface and no label stack is attached. Can anybody in the forum help me out? Is it any IOS related problem.

The IOS version is:c3750me-i5k91-mz.122-25.SEG1.bin and the Model number is: ME-C3750-24TE-M

Thank you,

Dabraj Sarkar

Grameenphone Ltd,

Dhaka, Bangladesh

8 REPLIES

Re: EoMPLS with Catalyst 3750 Metro Switches

For this EomPLS to Work in 3750 Metro switches, MPLS needs to be enabled and configured.

But MPLS has to be configured only on the ES ports (Enhanced Services)port for it to work.

The ES ports would be your Gi1/1/1 Gi1/1/2.

Once you have MPLS configured on the ES ports which should connect to your P devices then your EoMPLS should work.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

If you face anyproblems with the ES port feel free to revert back with the relevant details.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Hi Swaroop,

The problem is solved. The problem was with the ES port. I was not using ES ports for connectivity to P router.

Thank you,

Regards

Dabraj Sarkar

Grameenphone Ltd.

Hi Swaroop,

Though I have able to setup the EoMPLS tunnel, I am still facing problem of MTU. The MTU(mpls mtu) supported on the ES ports is 1500. Hence the Customer MTU is limited to 1470 bytes. Could you please give any information about the increasing MTU on the 3750 metro switches, by IOS upgrade or any other means?

Thanks for your responses.

Dabraj

You can try using this command in the global mode to set a default MTU value for all ports.

system mtu <1534> |

And reset the switch for this to take effect.

Here is the link explaining this command with options in detail.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Hi Swaroop,

This is indeed a great information. Let me check with my setup and I will get back to you.

Thanks

Dabraj

Hi Swaroop,

'system mtu'command worked.

Thank you,

Dab

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content