Views
Helpful
Replies

ME IP SLA on U-PE device?

aretsu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A Service provider delivers EVCs with QoS and wants to monitoring the performance of their customers using IP SLA. We recommend using shadow routers on SP POPs and measure between these POPs, but they want to see the performance on every EVC on the network using IP SLA directly on the U-PE device.

I was reading that the ME3400 has some limitations regarding IP SLA:

The Cisco ME 3400 switch includes partial support for Cisco IOS IP Service Level Agreements (IP SLAs) to provide advanced network service monitoring information and collect data pertaining to SLAs verification. The switch can initiate and reply jitter probes. However, the traffic does not follow the queuing configuration that is applied to customer traffic. All locally originated traffic always goes to the same egress queue on the switch port, regardless of the ToS setting for the IP SLAs probe. We recommend the use of an external shadow router to measure latency and packet drop rate (PDR) across the switch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6580/prod_release_note09186a00806700ee.html#wp833196

Is there any U-PE device that has full IP SLA support? Do you have any recommendation?

Thanks!

Alex

1 Reply 1

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco IP solution centre also supprots SLA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: