Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Opt-E-Man

My company is considering SBC's Opt-E-Man solution to connect our main office and data center over an ethernet MAN. We have cisco pixs' 515 and 515E's on both ends. From all I have read and understood the connection would terminate at a 3550 switch on both ends and our traffic would be vlan'd on the switch. Is this correct? Then the ethernet handoff would plug into our outside interface on the pix? Does anyone know if the fiber terminates at the 3550 switch or if the ethernet handoff is in the CO. If this is the case can we just drop the 3550 switch all together and plug the handoff directlly into our pix? Pix 7 does support vlans now I believe? Anyone see a problem with this scenario? Please advise. Thanks.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Opt-E-Man

The Catalyst 3550 switch supports the feature of Plug and play capability. Downloadable IP ACLs is alos supported,but they are also checked against Network access policies: This feature allows Cisco Secure ACS to dynamically decide on how to authenticate/authorize a request based on the network access devices or request attributes

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content