Views
Helpful
Replies

Qestion about clear configuration under IOS XR

Yuyang Jin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, All

I am currently having issue with clearing configuration under IOS XR. There is no command like write erase or delete start-up configuration.

I have read some documents for IOS XR, the CFS seems to be the place where the configuration store. So I tried to delete files under disk0:/configure/running and disk0:/configure/lr/running/absref1. But after reboot, the configuration still exists.

Could anybody help me by telling me the way to clear all the configuration under IOS XR? It is too painful to put no before all the sentences.

Thank you very much

Yuyang

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bryan Garland
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yuyang,

In the XR world if you wanted to do the equivalent "write erase" is to do a "commit replace" with a blank config.

For example, that would erase the config of the router.

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:crs-c#conf t

Thu Dec  9 16:41:11.349 EST

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:crs-c(config)#commit replace

Thanks,

Bryan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bryan Garland
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yuyang,

In the XR world if you wanted to do the equivalent "write erase" is to do a "commit replace" with a blank config.

For example, that would erase the config of the router.

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:crs-c#conf t

Thu Dec  9 16:41:11.349 EST

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:crs-c(config)#commit replace

Thanks,

Bryan

Not a complete answer. "commit replace" only wipes out the current running configuration, you still have to wipe out the commit database so someone can't simply roll it back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: