Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

QoS: CoS mapping from inner VLAN to outer VLAN in QinQ setup

Hello All

My question is regarding CoS values mapped from an inner VLAN to an outer VLAN - how to?

In my setup I have an access port that connects to the subscriber. The subscribers CE router assigns different CoS to different VLAN used for different services.

E.g CoS=5 for VoIP in VLAN=X.

Im running QinQ on the uplink port towards the IP/MPLS core.

In this way one outer VLAN may identify a subscriber and the inner VLAN the services: VLAN_X inside Y

In order to do QinQ I configure the subscriber-facing port as an access-port for VLAN Y and the mode is set to dot1q-tunnel. This produces a QinQ tunnel but the CoS values recieved on the subscriber port are not mapped to the p-bits in the outer VLAN tag!

I believe this is because the port is set to access for VLAN Y and thus no CoS is supported - is this correct?

Any suggestions on how to do QinQ and still have the CoS values mapped to the outer tag?

BR

Christian

• Metro
Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: QoS: CoS mapping from inner VLAN to outer VLAN in QinQ setup

What kind of switch are you using ?

Here is a document about QoS in QinQ environment using ME3400 switches. Some of the informations here can be used on other platform though.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3400e/software/release/12.2_53_se/configuration/QoS_QinQ.html#wp1017841

Re: QoS: CoS mapping from inner VLAN to outer VLAN in QinQ setup

Im using a 3560

- we dont have any 3400-series!

Views
Helpful
Replies