Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS: CoS mapping from inner VLAN to outer VLAN in QinQ setup

chvp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

My question is regarding CoS values mapped from an inner VLAN to an outer VLAN - how to?

In my setup I have an access port that connects to the subscriber. The subscribers CE router assigns different CoS to different VLAN used for different services.

E.g CoS=5 for VoIP in VLAN=X.

Im running QinQ on the uplink port towards the IP/MPLS core.

In this way one outer VLAN may identify a subscriber and the inner VLAN the services: VLAN_X inside Y

In order to do QinQ I configure the subscriber-facing port as an access-port for VLAN Y and the mode is set to dot1q-tunnel. This produces a QinQ tunnel but the CoS values recieved on the subscriber port are not mapped to the p-bits in the outer VLAN tag!

I believe this is because the port is set to access for VLAN Y and thus no CoS is supported - is this correct?

Any suggestions on how to do QinQ and still have the CoS values mapped to the outer tag?

BR

Christian

2 Replies 2

Bastien Migette
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What kind of switch are you using ?

Here is a document about QoS in QinQ environment using ME3400 switches. Some of the informations here can be used on other platform though.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3400e/software/release/12.2_53_se/configuration/QoS_QinQ.html#wp1017841

Im using a 3560

- we dont have any 3400-series!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: