Views
Helpful
Replies

SDH v EoMPLS

lee.messenger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a requirement for a 1gb circuit between our 2 datacentres. I have been getting quotes from service providers and now have a short list of 2.

1 is offering an Ethernet over SDH circuit and the other is offering an Ethernet over MPLS circuit.(EoMPLS)

With all other things being equal, i.e. cost, SLA's etc, could I have opinions on which one you would go for and why ?

Note we will mainly be using the link for backing up approx 3-4 terabytes of data overnight, so we will be using the full 1gb.

Thanks

Lee

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Lee

There are pros & cons on the different kinda transport media being used to have connectivity between your locations.

You can validate the network architecture the SP is currently having in providing the service so that you can be sure of the redundancy being offered to you.

Also the kinda boxes they have deployed in their infrastructure both network and SDH .

Also in EoMPLS what kinda service offings your going for ?

AFAIK there are different versions of EoMPLS available out there and also provided or availed based on the customer requirement..

regds

Kypamop
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I'd choose EoSDH.

Because of it's reliability as a transport system and no scheduling packet loss (as SDH is a TDM system, time slots are statically assigned for a circuit).

There is nothing in which EoMPLS is better, except for price.