cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

STM-1 configuration

minimintu
Level 1
Level 1

what does KLM means?...does PA-MC-STM-1SMI card has KLM configuration?...actually i have 7606 router and it has PA-MC-STM-1SMIand i have configured this STM-1 on E1 unframed , and had given loopback network for testing.now the engineer at the far end has nortel equipment and he is telling that he is not getting loop on klm 1 1 2. now what does that mean?about which interface on my router is he talking abt?...i am confused...plzz help me out

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

AFAIK thts the refernce points which will be referred while checking out the links .

those are related to the points available with ECI or Nortel SDH equipments..

regds

i still didnt get it.....

where are the links?.....

help me out as i am in dire need of it......

Hi

The KLM values are related to Transmission equipments and no way related to your router configs.

you will be extending the STM1 from the transmission equipment to your 7600 router.

so the points in the transmission equipment from where ur sourcing the link mostly refered as the KLM values or KLM points..

you can very well cross check or verify the same with the SP whos providing the link to u or to the tranmission person whos invovled out there basically we call it as (ITMC or NLD team)here ..

regds