cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uni-vlan community

sjamison76
Level 1
Level 1

When using the "uni-vlan community" string on the ME3400, is this necessary on all switches? Or only applied to an ME switch that is acting as an aggregate for all customers in that vlan?

If the vlan uni interface has to go across an NNI uplink, is this command still needed?

4 Replies 4

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

The ports in the same vlan don't do local switching per default on a ME3400. You have to enable local switching for a vlan with the commands "vlan xxx" and "uni-vlan community".

But, only 8 ports can be in the same vlan. So, maybe you have choose the wrong switch if you need a normal L2 switch. Normally, in Metro Ethernet you don't want local switching between user ports.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me2400/software/release/12.2_25_ex/command/reference/cli3.html#wp2436766

Hello,

I need to know how ME 3400 switches C-VLAN created on different ME switches. Is it through the S-VLAN (CE port is q-in-q), same as that of a normal layer 2 switch.

C-VLANs are not created in SP environment, they are transparently transported in S-VLANs. ONLY S-VLANs have to be configured in SP environment.

C-VLANs are configured at MSE, an L3 device that terminates the service

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

community is required ONLY if you want UNI ports to communicate between each other. If communication is UNI-NNI you don't need to configure community.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: