Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Available Support Contracts

Well Support Community... it is time for me to dive into SMARTnet again and I am in need of some help.

I am looking for documentation on available levels of SMARTnet.  I heard rumor that you could purchase licensing for just software updates, but not hardware support and even eliminate TAC, but finding documentation on such things is impossible.  Has anyone stumbled on any such documentation?

I found info on Smart Foundation and SMARTnet, but no comparisons or data sheets.  Just that they exist and cover stuff.  Any help would be appreciated.

If it helps I will give an application.  I have a handful of switches that I would like to replace if they die, but are currently not in the budget to upgrade; however, I would like the ability to upgrade to iOS if a need arose.  

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

I have a handful of switches

I have a handful of switches that I would like to replace if they die, but are currently not in the budget to upgrade; however, I would like the ability to upgrade to iOS if a need arose.

SMARTnet won't be of much help if you don't know that some switch models have Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty.  You will still need SMARTnet but you will not need the top-of-the-line maintenance contract if you don't mind the wait.  

PS:  Just to let you know, I had "discussions" (for the lack of a better word) with Cisco staff and was often told, for example, that I can't RMA (for example) a 3750X under ELLW.  But when I told them to "back it up" and show me proof, the resistance simply disappeared.  

Views
Helpful
Replies