Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMARTnet on Grey Market Cisco Gear

Hello,

Can I get SMARTnet on products purchased from sites such as cablesandkits.com?  I'm not sure if they're considered grey market but I would like to know before making a purchase.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES

Hi tiockette, you can get

Hi tiockette, you can get smartnet contract depending on the part number of the Cisco equipment that you will buy we can check from our end if they contract would still be available. for further assistance please feel free to send me a message. hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ferdinand Guasque

fguasque@cisco.com

So if I purchased a 6509-E

So if I purchased a 6509-E chassis bare bones switch from www.cablesandkits.com, I can possibly get SMARTnet on it?

yes depending if the

yes depending if the particular model is EOL or not if it is EOL there is a certain point that the support for the product would be discontinued. 

So the part/model # I'm

So the part/model # I'm finding for this particular reseller is WS-6509-E.  Is this what Cisco needs or is there a part number specific to the reseller?

Hi tlockette, yes that is the

Hi tlockette, yes that is the part number that you will need if you want please send me an email at fguasque@cisco.com so i can help you check this and help you with a quote for a smart net contract. 

Thanks,
Ferdinand Guasque

fguasque@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies