Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to call conference on Android after installing WebEx

adityakar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using the WebEx android app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100). After installing the WebEx app, on the call screen, I see a WebEx button instead of the "Add call" button. I can still add a second call using the "overflow" menu. But after adding a call, the call "Merge" button doesn't appear anywhere. The WebEx sphere now appears in place of the "Merge" button. The overflow menu doesn't contain the Merge option either. Uninstalling the WebEx app fixes this issue.

I've searched around and found a lot of people asking this question. But with no resolution for their query.

Please see screenshots below with two calls in progress and no option to Merge. The WebEx logo takes the place of the Merge button.

At this point, my only option is to remove the WebEx app and install it only when needed.

Please provide a solution.

Thanks.

Warm regards,

-Adi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is anyone on the Cisco Android support team paying any attention to these threads?  

This is a pretty big issue.  I have been a paid WebEx customer for years now and the most recent update took over my add call button -- rendering my phone useless unless I uninstall the app.  I have read a few places where everyone mentions this and says there is optional work arounds, but I would like to know what the deal is and when a solution will be provided.  

The mobile app is pretty important to my day to day, but not nearly as important as add call and merge.  Please explain how we can change this setting or avoid uninstalling the application. 

This only happened with the most recent update.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

sean.stephens
Level 1
Level 1

I have same issue. AT&T Samsung Galaxy 4

only solution is to uninstall app.

Is anyone on the Cisco Android support team paying any attention to these threads?  

This is a pretty big issue.  I have been a paid WebEx customer for years now and the most recent update took over my add call button -- rendering my phone useless unless I uninstall the app.  I have read a few places where everyone mentions this and says there is optional work arounds, but I would like to know what the deal is and when a solution will be provided.  

The mobile app is pretty important to my day to day, but not nearly as important as add call and merge.  Please explain how we can change this setting or avoid uninstalling the application. 

This only happened with the most recent update.  

bjamaspi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Same issue here but i cant live without webex app on my phone. Its very disappointing!

kesquil
Level 1
Level 1

I think I may have found the answer to this issue. Simply logout or "Sign Out" of Webex to regain the "Add Call" and "Join" functions.  I discovered this after rebuilding my phone then installing Webex. Once I logged into Webex, I lost my "Add Call and "Join" functions. Logging completel;y out of Webex restored my original settings. Please try logging out of Webex and verify if dialpad functionality is restored without having to rebuild the phone.

while that is good in general, that does not help you when another call comes in and you want to swap from one call to another while still on the webex.  This is not really a solution.  Cisco needs to provide a solution.

Surprised and disappointed to see the same problem on my phone. Needs a fix Cisco!

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

Found this Cisco link on the issue- http://kb.webex.com/WBX82788

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: