Views
Helpful
Replies

7301 with EoMPLS

cannone78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

does the 7301 platform support Ethernet over MPLS?

When I use Feature Navigator Tool I have different results:

if I select the feature "Any Transoprt Over MPLS; Ethernet Over MPLS", the 7301 is among the supported platforms; but If I selecet the other feature like "EoMPLS port based" I haven't the 7301 yet.

Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Gianluca

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes that is correct. You cant

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

There are 2 types of EoMPLS (ERS/EWS) basically. In one you will transport a VLAN to the other PE

This feature allows you to connect two VLAN networks that are in different locations, without using expensive bridges, routers, or switches at the VLAN locations.You can enable the MPLS backbone network to accept Layer 2 VLAN traffic by configuring the label edge routers (LERs) at the both ends of the MPLS backbone.

In the other it will do Transparent LAN service(TLS) and transport ethernet end-to-end. This is supported only on 7600/3750/6500.This can be found on the router using the command

sh mpls l2transport hw-capability interface <>

Ok! Thanks a lot for your answer.

So the cisco 7301 supports only ERS mode (with vlan dot1q)?

This mean that if I have 2 PE (7301) with interface ethernet (without 802.1q) connecting CE, I can't connect them (CE to CE) with EoMPLS.

Is it correct?

Gianluca

Yes that is correct. You cant

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: