Views
Helpful
Replies

7600 QoS

aretsu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

A SP has two 7600-Sup720 on the distribution layer operating as a L3 device (all the ports are configured as no switchports), they are using the 6724-GE linecard (simple LAN card). Now I need to apply QoS on those LAN ports.

My question is: Can I use LLQ or CBWFQ on those ports? or what type of QoS do I need to use (PFC QoS)?

Thanks for your answer.

Alex

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Alex

As you suggest PFC QoS is how QOS is implemented on the 6500/7600 devices. See attached link for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SXF/configuration/guide/qos.html

Jon

Thanks Jon,

As far as i have read i cannot use the priority or bandwidht commands on a LAN card, so according with the document I need to user wrr-queue to configure queueing, is this right?

For (re)marking of packets I can use the internal maps (dscp to mpls and viceversa) or I can also use MQC for this, correct?

Regards!

Alex

Alex

Attached is the config from a 6724-SFP port in one of our 6500 switches

interface GigabitEthernet1/3

description *** Link to NW-MSQ1-F00-SW2 1/3 ***

no ip address

wrr-queue bandwidth 50 20 26

priority-queue queue-limit 4

wrr-queue threshold 1 40 100 2 40 100 3 40 100

wrr-queue cos-map 1 2 3 4

wrr-queue cos-map 2 2 1 2

wrr-queue cos-map 3 1 0

wrr-queue cos-map 3 2 6 7

mls qos trust dscp

channel-group 2 mode desirable

We have used the internal cos-to-dscp and dscp-to-cos to re(mark) packets.

Jon

Jon, thanks for your answer!

Just one more question: is this configuration valid if I am using the 6724 ports as L3 ports (no switchport)? I think the configuration is the same, i just have to take into consideration the DSCP to MPLS EXP mapping, is this correct?

Thanks for all your help!

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: