Views
Helpful
Replies

a list of all used route-target

maamann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

let us assume that i have a PE Router in the MPLS IBGP Could and i whant to see which route-targets are used by all the vrf's are configured on the other PE's in the Could.

How can i see all the used route-targets on the router.

regards

Markus

2 Replies 2

mheusing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Markus,

I am afraid there is no possibility to see all used RTs from other PEs. A PE router will only keep those VPNv4 prefixes, where at least one RT matches an import statement. All other prefixes are silently discarded for scalability reasons. Only a VPNv4 route reflector would keep all VPNv4 prefixes received by any PE. But even then there is no command listing all RTs present in the VPNv4 BGP table.

So the only way of getting all used RTs is to collect all PE configs and extract the RTs. In other words: make sure you document the RTs in use upfront (f.e. with ISC/ANA).

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

if you cwant to collect the used rt in this case you can create the router and match the asnumber (ASN:XX).

may be it will work.

regards

shivlu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: