cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About command"tag-switching advertise-tags"

shan-cao
Level 1
Level 1

Does the command "tag-switching advertise-tags" must be used in the mpls environment? If I do not use it, whether the PE or P router can not work normally?

5 Replies 5

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This command is only required if you intend to filter the labels that you want to advertised to your neighbor. Otherwise, it is not required.

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

It's so strange that my mpls network must use the two command "tag-switching tdp router-id loopback0" and "tag-switching advertise-tags" otherwise my mpls network can not work well.

Could you tell me what problem is?

hi,

what is your loop0? LSR id?

b4 u add "tag-switching tdp router-id loopback0" and "tag-switching advertise-tags" can u ping router ID's IP between LSRs (w/ extended, source = local router Id)?

Harold,

In the following example:

"tag-switching advertise-tags for tdp_networks to tdp_neighbors"

I do see why one would like to limit the tdp_neighbors (create such access list), but what is the performance impact of permitting all networks to be advertised (if the access list tdp_networks is "permit any")?

Thanks

Kind regards

Francisco Nascimento

pinku.doshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Well the tag-switching advertise tags is used only to apply the tags to an IP Prefix selectively & not for the Global IP Table..

As soon as u enable MPLS on an interface it floods the MPLS LFIB with the local labels & with the labelled prefix only with the allowed Prefx range..

The advertised -tag is normally associated with the access-list..

As an example I can use advertise tags associating with the only the loopback which shall be the next-hop for PE/P..

Pls do let me know for further queries..

Thanks.

Pinku P Doshi

CCIE-Datacraft India