Replies

CCIP exam

wessam-scg13
Level 1
Level 1

please help me, i am prepearing for CCIP exam and i have to pass two exams

1. 642-691 BGP + MPLS
  2. 642-642 Qos

but the CCIP will be retired after 27th of july so because of that is it possible to pass the 642-691 BGP + MPLS before the July 27th and after that like in December i will go for the 642-642 Qos.

in this conditions can i  get the CCIP certification .

7 Replies 7

Ivan Krimmel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Wessam,

this won't work, all required exams for CCIP must be cleared before 27th of July.

In my personal opinion there's no need to chase up CCIP, just go for CCIE and you'll be all set.

Cheers!

no don't say that are you sure???!!!

the only

642-691 BGP + MPLS only will be retired after 27th of July but the

642-642 Qos is still available so why not i can not finish the Qos exam after the BGP+MPLS exam...?

plz are you sure ????

Wessam, I was wrong, please accept my apologies!

CCIP will retire on 29th of October

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le8/learning_certification_type_home.html

July 27th comes from the expiration of 642-661, 642-611and 642-691

so if you manage to clear BGP+MPLS before July 27th and then do QoS before October 29th, you'll get that status assuming you have cleared ROUTE already or will do so in the meantime.

But my Big Advice remains the same - go straight for the lab!

HTH,

Ivan.

will they give me the certification after 29th Octorber???

and is it valid for 4 years ???

Mr.Ivan

if i finnish the 642-642 Qos exam before 29th October CISCO will issue the CCIP certification for me i am worrried about that like i want to apply for MPLS+BGP in the 15th July and and then in 1th of October

mdaaxcess
Level 1
Level 1

If you complete the ccip before the end date you can move to ccie R&S or do ccnp SP (and you dont need to take ccna SP)

Yes ccip is valid for 3 years after completing it

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

wessam-scg13
Level 1
Level 1

according to the CISCO certification... i have to finnish the CCIP before 29th October???? is this correct plz advice me

...should i finnish the CCIP before 29th October ,,,if i pass the exam like 25th October is it ok??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: