Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco 7507 connected to a Lucent Stinger

Has anyone had any success connecting a Cisco 7507 AIP to a Lucent Stinger. The Stinger and Cisco are connected back-to-back via a single mode OC3 cable. The AIP on the Cisco shows up/up and the Vpi/Vci circuit on the Stinger also shows that the circuit is up. However I am unable to ping a DSL modem attached to the Stinger.

6 REPLIES
awo

Re: Cisco 7507 connected to a Lucent Stinger

Are you have working IP traffic to management interface or other medium IP address behind stinger chassis ?

When I replace the Cisco with a Springtide router, I can ping from the Springtide thru the Stinger to the DSL modem. However, when I shutdown the Springtide router and configure the Cisco with the same IP Address and the same VPI/VCI that the Springtide was using, I am unsuccessfull in pinging the DSL modem.

How do you have the Cisco side configured? Can you post the interface configuration?

Here it is....

interface ATM1/0

no ip address

no atm ilmi-keepalive

!

interface ATM1/0.1 point-to-point

ip address 172.29.41.1 255.255.255.0

pvc 0/40

protocol ip 172.29.41.1 broadcast

protocol ip 172.29.41.2 broadcast

encapsulation aal5snap

awo

try remove "protocol ip ,,,," definitions and enable arp resolution...

also enable debuging for arp activities on both sides...

Bronze

I am unsure if this will help but when connection to a lucent switch if it is a copper port i.e. 45 or 34 meg then you require atm framing plcpcbit and ensure that the payload scrambling is the same at both ends. You also might need atm framing sonet sdh command.

Try these

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content