Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Label Advertising

Hi,

I'm quite confuse with the usage of conditional label advertising in MPLS network.

Without the conditional label advertising in core, label for WAN subnets in core routers will be advertise by default.

To prevent, I need to filter those unnecessary prefixes. In order to do this, only loopbacks PE to PE routers should adversite the label. Should I apply on core router or PE router or both?

thanks.

maher

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Purple

Re: Conditional Label Advertising

Hi Maher,

You would need to use the 'mpls ldp advertise-labels' command in order to restrict the advertised labels to just the loopback addresses. By default, it will advertise all locally-assigned labels.

Since both the PE and P (Core) routers need to only know the loopback addresses of each other, you will need to apply this on both PEs and Ps.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

1 REPLY
Purple

Re: Conditional Label Advertising

Hi Maher,

You would need to use the 'mpls ldp advertise-labels' command in order to restrict the advertised labels to just the loopback addresses. By default, it will advertise all locally-assigned labels.

Since both the PE and P (Core) routers need to only know the loopback addresses of each other, you will need to apply this on both PEs and Ps.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content