Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Connecting CPE Cisco IGX /Nortel Passport to 7507/PE:L2 VPN using ATOM

Dear Friends

Need yr valuable inputs/advise to meet following objective.

I would like to offer Transparent L2 Connectivity, over our IP/MPLS Cloud using ATOM(Any Transport over MPLS), to some of my clients who are r using Cisco IGX[using 2 Mbps Serial Trunk Port & running VoAAL2] & Nortel Passport MUX.

Kindly help to clarify following.

1. What Interface/PA, I would need to install both PEs(Facing MUX at both ends] for Cisco IGX or Nortel Passport? Is there any such 2Mbps Port to make such connectivity.

2. What L2 Protocol, I would need to run on L2 Transport Interface on both PEs, which connects to Customer end MUX[Cisco or Nortel Passport], assuming following.

Option1: CPEs being Cisco IGX running VoAAL2 on 2Mbps Trunk Interface

Option2:CPEs being Nortel Passport running HDLC on 2Mbps Trunk Interface.

Option3:CPEs being Nortel Passport running Frame-Relay on 2Mbps Trunk Interface.

3. What L2 Transport Mode, I need to enable L2 Transport Interface at PE? Should it be Frame-Relay or ATM Adaption Layer Type 5 or ATM Cell Relay or HDLC, ine line of poin 1 & 2.

Would appreciate your kind support on the same.

Shailendra

• MPLS
1 REPLY

Re: Connecting CPE Cisco IGX /Nortel Passport to 7507/PE:L2 VPN

hi shailendra,

you could use l2transport mode aal5 and connect and configure a PVP(permanent virtual path) between the end nodes end to end logical trunk between the IGXs.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.