Views
Helpful
Replies

CSC MPLS with BGP or LDP/IGP?

lars.molstad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

We are planning a Carrier supporting Carrier environment with a Juniper Core network (Provider side), and Cisco 3750 Metro on the Customer Carrier side.

What we are trying to figure out is if the 3750 Metro can support CSC with BGP label exchange, or if we will have better luck using LDP and an IGP (ospf) on the CE-PE links?

I have configured the stuff with the BGP option, and all tables looks good - with MPLS labels signalled through BGP, but no luck pinging between the two customer CE's.. I have looked through Feature Navigater which states that MPLS BGP label-exchange is not in the feature list for ME3750 - only for a lot of routers, and the 6500-series switches... But.. The commands is present, and it seems to swallow the commands, but its not working.....

Anyone actually tried this?

L@rs

1 Reply 1

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lars,

This is correct CsC is not officially supported on the ME3750.

Did you use the ES port to connect to the core? What does the output of the "sh ip cef " and "show mpls for" look like?

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: