Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Difference betn. L2transport and x-connect

Hello there!

Can any one tell me the exact difference between the commands L2transport and x-connect to create Vc for vpls/EoMPLS?

I have seen that 7600 supports both commands and both seem to do the same thing. Can anyone through more light on this or give reference to link/doc which would give me the difference?

Thanks.

Niranjan

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Difference betn. L2transport and x-connect

Both do the same. Older images supported l2tranport with MPLS encap only while the newer ones support xconnect with both l2tpv3 and MPLS with a whole host of other features including interworking, preferred-path, pseudowire redundancy etc.

Cisco Employee

Re: Difference betn. L2transport and x-connect

xconnect is the new command, l2transport is there for backwards compatibility.

From the documentation:

In previous releases of AToM, the command used to configure AToM circuits was mpls l2 transport route. This command has been replaced with the xconnect command.

No new CLI enhancements will be made to the mpls l2transport route command. CLI enhancements will be made to either the xconnect command or pseudowire-class command. Therefore, we recommend that you use the xconnect command to configure AToM circuits.

Configurations from previous releases that use the mpls l2transport route command are still supported.

Here is the URL to the doc the above came from:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186a00801eb668.html

Look under Compatibility with Previous Release of AToM.

Jay

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content