cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP default to ISDN

Matt qomat
Level 1
Level 1

Mu question is how to generate a default to ISDN spokes (EIGRP on the LAN). Right now we have: ip summary-address eigrp 10 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 5 ; applied on the interface where all ISDN spokes are. That generates default for all the spokes. That worked but it looks like it's not cisco best practice. I guess other method is to use distribute-list command and allow that default under EIGRP 10 process. The problem is we have a static default configured to a firewall -default other direction-that this routes uses. ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.1.1. So I can't send that default to spokes because they may think it's better than default that they receive through the WAN. It needs to be floating default which will be less preferred. How I can send that default?

I can't change my default to firewall ->1.1.1.1 to floating as I receive other defaults through EIGRP..so I still want this static to be preferred

1 Reply 1

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm not sure to completely understand your design.

Do your spokes have two connection to your hub ? one via ISDN and one via what you call "the WAN" ?

Where is the default static route configured ?

A drawing may help.

Thanks

Laurent.